Light - Rob Cham

5+ stars. I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

In a world without colour a little guy (or girl, but I see it more as a guy) goes on a journey to find several shiny, colourful crystals. What will happen when he gathers them all?

I was immediately interested in this one when I spotted it at Netgalley. I am all for quests, I love playing RPGs and this one reminded me of just that.

The story is told entirely through the illustrations. Each page is one illustration. There are no voices, the characters are silent. But that doesn’t matter. The illustrations tell it all. An engaging, interesting, fun, exciting adventure through the world where these little guys are living in. Because yes, our MC finds a friend, and they travel together. Beating monsters, running for their lives, searching for those shiny, colourful gems.

The book mostly has black backgrounds, some pages are black and white, but there are a lot of vibrant pages as well, which just looks gorgeous considering the black background. Even in the dark the colours are visible and will leak out of the pages.

The journey was a lot of fun, and I was delighted by the ending.

The art is just beautiful, I love how everything is drawn. From the monsters to the MC, to the backgrounds.

I will be sure to add this book to my collection when it comes out. And I would highly recommend this book to everyone!

Review first posted at https://twirlingbookprincess.com