I received this book courtesy of the publisher/Authoright for an honest review.

I just knew this one would be a book I love, and I did. It was very adorable. About a pair of parents whose children (especially their little son) seem to have trouble sleeping in one go through the night (often waking up the parents). You can imagine that after many nights the parents are just pooped, knackered, maybe even a bit grumpy from loss of sleep.

But then the parents tell the kids about a shy (so very shy) sleep fairy who wants to visit the kids but doesn't dare to because she is oh so shy. Of course, kids being kids, they immediately are interesting in this fairy, wanting to know all about her, and then are especially interested when they hear about the one special thing she does before she will trust the kids.

Plus points to the parents, definitely. I just loved that instead of probably getting angry that their kids (and then especially their son) wouldn't sleep, they just made a wonderful story up, helped it grow by doing certain things. I don't have kids myself, but if I had them and they had trouble sleeping? I would so use this idea and see if it would work just as well for my kids as for the kids in this book.

The ending had me grinning happily. Good job parents, good job fairies, and sleep well everyone!

The art was the only thing that was a bit miss to me. There were parts that I love (the backgrounds/the scenery), but the characters often looked odd.

So I would recommend this book to everyone, this was such a fun and sweet book, and I am sure that many others will embrace it and love it just like I did.

Review first posted at https://twirlingbookprincess.com/