I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This was a beautiful book, just as I had hoped when I requested it on Netgalley. It is about a girl named Phoenix. She is about to start her new school and is extra scared about going to school and wearing one of her pretty dresses. Now I hear you wonder why this is so scary?

Well, Phoenix is not born as a girl, she is actually born as a boy. We know that kids (but also adults) can be cruel, so Phoenix is worried they may bully her for wearing a dress. She is worried they may call her a boy, or make fun of her. My heart went out to this girl. So I found it very brave that she still wore her dress when she went to school. She could have just dressed up in other clothes, but no this girl wanted to wear her dress and so it shall be. Go girl!

Thankfully she also has an amazing mom who motivates her and tells her she is good as she is. So fabulous that the mom is so supportive and sweet. Go mom!

I am very delighted with how her first day went, how accepting everyone was and how sweet they were. I am sure she is going to have a wonderful time in school.

Of course the book isn't just about going to school, but it also shows us why Phoenix loves dresses, and what else she loves to do.

I also loved the art, it was quite pretty.

Plus points to the last pages of the book with questions for kids, some information for grown-ups, and also some talking points.

All in all, a book I would highly recommend to everyone. This one should definitively be featured in classrooms.

Review first posted at https://twirlingbookprincess.com/