I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I was quite looking forward to this book, I love dinosaurs and I was curious what the author would make of the topic of dentists (ewww) x dinosaurs (yaaaay).

Yes, as you can see I am not a fan of dentists. Never been a fan, but as I got older it only got worse. But I still couldn’t resist grabbing this book from Netgalley and try it out. For the dinosaurs! Yay!

Sadly, it just wasn’t that good. Sometimes it worked, for instance when a question got two pages and it clicked together in a fun way (though that is not a guarantee for success, one of those two page spreads just didn’t work at all). Like the Stegosaurus and if it liked to floss. But others just seemed disconnected and weird. Like there was meant to be another page, but it was decided not to go for it and just leave it. It just didn’t flow or match. It wasn’t funny. It definitely missed something. And that is a shame as this one could be potentially really fun and interesting.

I did like that in the end we see who is asking these questions, and why. Though I am not too happy about the answer from the dentist. I get she was joking (at least I hope so), but to a little kid it may just turn out to be a truth. Still nice that he dared to asked the question. I just wish she had given a more honest answer.

The art wasn’t entirely my favourite.

All in all, it didn’t live up to my expectations and hopes. :(

Review first posted at https://twirlingbookprincess.com/